When it comes to skincare, the big secret is simply this...
Most of your results come from simply being consistent with using the right products & ingredients.
I know it's confusing and overwhelming, but don't worry - that's where I come in.
When I write a blog post for you or we go live with you on TikTok we routinely go over ingredients because if you know which ones to look for, beyond the hype and green washing, then you'll be able to make better informed decisions regarding the health of your skin. You'll also be able to see results a lot faster.
Typically, but not always, the ingredients you desire should be listed in the first 5 ingredients on the back of the product.
If they're truly "active" meaning OTC drugs, they will list the actives separately under "ingredients" and the rest under "other ingredients."
Contrary to popular belief, the other ingredients aren't fillers. They're formulated to do things like emulsify or stabilize other ingredients.
And despite what marketers and influencers may have lead you believe, caring for your skin shouldn't be complicated.
What complicates things is when you don't know why you're using what, or you don't fully commit to your routine.
Essentials are important and we talk about them here.
But after 40, we're more at risk of water loss too, and lose things like Collagen and Hyaluronic Acid at a more rapid rate.
Ingesting collagen supplements will not ensure you have better skin. And a topical product that's labeled "Collagen Cream" isn't always guaranteed to stimulate collagen.
That's where knowing what ingredients to look for comes in.
So let's get glowing!
These simple guidelines will keep your skin happy and prevent future damage:
2) And because we're more prone to water loss after 40, a good Hyaluronic Acid is imperative.
3) If you feel your skin is on the drier side, I recommend helping lock that moisture in with a proper moisturizer, like our Whipped Olive Oil Face Butter that contains nourishing butters and healing humectants.
4) Vitamin C is also helpful because it's a supporting antioxidant agent when it comes to stimulating collagen.
5) And of course, if you want to protect the skin you have and prevent future damage, The Good Sunscreen is a must.
Our sunscreen is ideal for mature, dry and sensitive skin.
Bonus tip! If you're breakout prone and want something oil free, I recommend Nivea's Super Water Gel.
6) Last but not least, there's a reason we talk about beauty sleep so much. It's a thing. If you're not getting enough rest and it's showing up on your face and under eyes, read more here on what can be done to help.
I hope this is helpful! Questions?
Drop them below this post for a speedy reply or in our comment section on TikTok.
And remember, the more you know the more you glow!