I'm so excited to share my top 5 beauty secrets with you today!
These have seriously helped me so much over the past year, particularly, so I hope they'll be of help to you, too!
Also, I'm not an affiliate of any products mentioned, I just want to help you by sharing them!
If you'd prefer a more in-depth conversation, you can listen to the 15 minute episode on my podcast, Beauty Aside, here: My Top 5 Skincare Secrets for Women Over 40.
Here are my top five beauty secrets, in no particular order:
1) Drinking lemon water (or just water!) in the AM is a great practice because all organs and tissues depend on it water. I started drinking one glass of water (sometimes with organic lemon juice) every morning before I put anything else in my body because I realized I wasn't drinking much water during the day. While we've already busted the myth that drinking 8 glasses of water a day is not necessary (drink when you're thirsty and more in the summertime when you lose more fluids), according to healthline.org: If you don’t take in enough water throughout the day to make up for these losses, it can lead to dehydration.
Lemon water is a good source of vitamins and minerals. I consider it my shot of Vitamin C in the AM!
2) Probiotics - Gut issues are at the core of most challenges we face with our bodies and skin. They call our gut our second brain. I’m not a health practitioner but I have one (here is a link to my IHP, Larissa) and this is the supplement I use if you’re interested. I'm sure there are many good ones out there, but I have seen improvement in my skin since using this one so that's what I'm recommending!
3) Holy grail products - I'm all about tried and true, that's why I recommend a high quality Retinol and Youth serum (with Niacinamide - a derivative of b5). Retinol will help increase your cell rate turnover and is best worn at night. Products will Niacinamide can be used AM or PM but I used mine during the day. It helps with oil production and to balance your skin tone for a more youthful appearance!
4) Adaptogens - Stress is one of the worst things for our bodies and skin. Since we have a hard time avoiding it, I find that taking B vitamins and adaptogens are helpful in reducing stress. To make it fun, I love making golden milk because of the turmeric. Mine has Ashwaghanda in it too, so it's a win-win - here's the link to what I use (not an affiliate). I also like to use Adrenal Smooth - here's the link.
Whatever adaptogens you choose, the benefits are endless...
5) Lifestyle/Diet - Cutting down on dairy can tremendously improve your skin, especially if you have acne or suffer from any other inflammatory condition and ugar is arguably the worst (I know, heartbreaking, right?!) because it breaks down collagen, and causes premature aging, so if I had to recommend cutting out ONE thing for anti-aging it’d be sugar.
Sleep is another thing you have to do well. You may be rolling your eyes at this one, but not enough rest will impact your brain and your largest organ — your skin, so I have to go there.
Figure out a way to sleep better and your skin will thank you.
For more video beauty content, join me on TT -- I go live most evenings between 6-8 pm CST.
And remember, the more you know the more you glow!