5 Easy Ways to Fix Your Puffy Eyes and Face
Posted by JQ on Sep 12th 2022
The most fragile thin tissue on your entire body is the eye area, so it's no wonder that it needs to be treated with extra tender loving care.
Like dark circles, the causes of puffy eyes may include, but are not limited to, genetics, lifestyle, medications, allergies, fluid retention, diet and lack of sleep.
When the eye area is compromised, or any area on your face for that matter, anti-inflammatory ingredients like aloe are your best friend (more on that in a second).
Here are 5 tried and true ways to depuff your eyes and face:
1) Cold compresses: This first tip is an oldie but goodie. Placing a frozen tea bag or cold spoon underneath your eye area can reduce puffiness and swelling because of its anti-inflammatory effect on your skin. If you prefer something more convenient, ice rollers are a great way to help you depuff your eyes and face, too.
Bonus tip! - store your eye cream in the fridge for an added cooling effect!
2) Caffeine: Products that are made with caffeine, like our Eye Dream of Coffee eye butter, may include coffee, green tea and black tea. These are very effective in addressing puffiness as well as dark circles because they work by constricting blood vessels.
3) Antioxidants: Niacinamide, Vitamin C and Peptides are all antioxidants that help with puffiness and offer additional support in the collagen production process.
4) Facial massage and acupressure points are some of the oldest and best remedies that I continue to practice on my clients because they have a wealth of benefits, including decreasing the puffiness of your face and eyes!
5) Sleep: This next one is easier said that done, but if you have issues with fluid retention then sleeping with your head slightly elevated can also reduce fluid build up. Of course, diet and lifestyle also play a large role, but sometimes a simple adjustment to the way you sleep can make all the difference when it comes to fluid build up and even preventing sleep wrinkles .
Bonus tip! Beauty sleep is important to the over all health of your skin so try to get a good night's rest if you're trying to avoid puffiness and under eye circles.
In addition, it's important to note that products with a high concentration of aloe, such as our Whipped Olive Oil Face Butter not only offer healing properties but also work to help you reduce over-all inflammation when used on the eyes and face.
If you love this type of content please let us know in the comments below and make sure you're signed up for our weekly newsletter to receive exclusive offers and bonus beauty tips!
The more you know the more you glow!
ps. if you prefer to watch videos on topics like this instead, please subscribe to our Youtube Channel.